SEMTEC The SE MN preK-12 Technology Coordinators

Welcome to SEMTEC! Home of SE MN Educational Technology Leaders!

FOG - Tweak default installation for Resizable Images to work correctly

If you wish to use resizable images within FOG, you'll need to tweak one of the default settings to make it work.  If you don't do this step, you'll more than likely error out with a permissions issue, that leads you to think you don't have permission to write the image to your server.  This is highly misleading, and searches on how to rectify this solution have largely lead to a dead-end.

• In the top toolbar, click on the ' i ' icon.
  • In the left-hand navigation, click on FOG Settings
  • Scroll down the page until you find a setting for FOG_UPLOADRESIZEPCT
  • Set that to 15
  • Save Changes

Views: 7473

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can pull and push XP fine, but the hardware is older. I even loaded Ghost Solution Suite 2.5 on a VM and the client for that popped up I'm rebooting for a task, but just kept running and never reboots.

I'll look at what partitions r hiding.
Matt, did you find version 0.29 available for download yet, or just documentation?

Matt Anderson said:
Brian,

In regard to deploying the Fog Client have you played with the quiet install command/s yet?

Quiet Installation
As of version 0.29 and higher, the FOG client now supports a quiet installation mode. This can help automate deployments, by allowing the command to be run without user interaction from batch files. To do this the setup.exe file must be run from the command line with the arguments fog-defaults=true /qb.

So the full command would be:

setup.exe fog-defaults=true /qb
Brian

It looks from checking out online that it will not go online for 0.29 till the 25th.

"FOG Project OK, we are going to release version 0.29 on May 25th, after our presentation at TechFeast"

Brian Bartley said:
Matt, did you find version 0.29 available for download yet, or just documentation?

Matt Anderson said:
Brian,

In regard to deploying the Fog Client have you played with the quiet install command/s yet?

Quiet Installation
As of version 0.29 and higher, the FOG client now supports a quiet installation mode. This can help automate deployments, by allowing the command to be run without user interaction from batch files. To do this the setup.exe file must be run from the command line with the arguments fog-defaults=true /qb.

So the full command would be:

setup.exe fog-defaults=true /qb
0.29 is up and available.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Bryan Berg.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service